Friday, July 10, 2009

Pork Rinds: The Modernest of Marvels

Modern Marvels or How It's Made...this is my kind of TV viewing. It's my John and Kate + 8. I can get lost in hours of these type shows. If there is a marathon showing, I'm there. Skyscrapers in Dubai, carbon fiber kayaks, peppermint candy, toilets...doesn't matter. I want to know all the steps, how many people are involved, the chemical process, I want to watch the dies being cast, etc... Even when it comes to pork rinds. If you are like me the old saying "I love sausage, I just don't want to see how it's made" is a cop out. One of my favorite snacks growing up was a bag of pork rinds and a Big Red soda. Horrifying, I know. But this is America: we eat bad food and we aren't ashamed of it. Well, at least I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment